Can someone point me to what I need next? (skeleton set up)

So I have Blender, everything seems to be working fine.

It reads my motions, when I hit the start button it created all the empties for me. But, I’m currently having two problems.

1. I’m on metric 0.1 scale as I will be exporting into unreal. All my empties are really close to each other down near the origin. Is there a way to get the Ni Mate scale a little closer/more friendly

2. Any tutorials on setting up the skeleton/attaching to mine? I’ve seen one where the guy has one that is all connected like the Ni Mate then attaches it. But, I have no idea where to get Ni Mate skeleton, how to attach it to the empties etc.

Goal is to have the Ni mate connected skeleton connected to the empties (some of the Ni Mate videos I saw showed just renaming Ni Mate targets but, I dont see that option in mine. I presume either paid or older version?) Then have that set my skeleton’s rotations and translations.
Mostly aiming for the large major movements so I dont have to hand key them.

I would appreciate the help. Thanks!

If you use Kinect V2 use Remington graphics blend file. As it works fine. Or if use other than V2 sensor the updated version of blend files are in forum which are posted in existing blender rigs

Using a v1 connect.
I’ll still check the existing forums though. I’m guessing I just iver looked it clicking around, saw bunch stuff where it was outdated and person we’re asking for newer things.

Edit:
Okay just looked there.
They have skeletons while I just end up with empties. Am I correct presuming I can just Target on the empties the same way?
I am confused as how to scale the whole thing up though. :thinking:
I’ll fiddle with it some and hopefully I’ll have something by time you respond

I’m on metric 0.1 scale as I will be exporting into unreal. All my empties are really close to each other down near the origin. Is there a way to get the Ni Mate scale a little closer/more friendly

Two ways: Apply a global scaling parameter in the Skeleton Tracker “Coordinates” menu, or use OSC parameter tags: Documentation: OSC (Open Sound Control) and parameter tags

For parameter tag way, type an arithmetic expression in the Skeleton Tracker boxes containing joint names, such as: /Left_Hand {X*3} {Y*3} {Z*3} {OW} {OX} {OY} {OZ}

Any tutorials on setting up the skeleton/attaching to mine? I’ve seen one where the guy has one that is all connected like the Ni Mate then attaches it. But, I have no idea where to get Ni Mate skeleton, how to attach it to the empties etc.

Retargeting the mocap data on a skeleton is generally done by using either “track to” or “copy rotation” constraints on the target armature bones, tracking the empties in the Blender scene.