The trigger component is used for outputting single OSC or MIDI values when the user touches a specific zone in the depth feed.
The triggers can be enabled by clicking the checkbox next to the component name in the page tree on the left side of the UI. Alternatively, clicking the “Enable trigger OSC” or “Enable trigger MIDI” buttons can be used instead.
The IP address & port override can be used to output trigger OSC values to a specific IP address and port. If left disabled the main address and port on the setup page is used.
NI mate allows using 3 layers of 12 triggers. Each layer can be configured independently.
Type: The trigger type specifies the location and shape of the trigger.
- Circle: The triggers appear above and around the user in a circle.
- Fixed circle: The triggers appear in a fixed position with only the depth coordinate being aligned to the user’s position.
Triggers: Specifies how many triggers are used.
Start angle: Specifies where the first trigger is placed
End angle: Specifies where the last trigger is placed
Radius: Specifies the distance of each trigger from the user.
Height: Specifies how far above the user the trigger is positioned.
Fixed depth: If specified, defines where the depth where the trigger is. If left unspecified depth is ignored when activating triggers.
Mode: Specifies how the trigger behaves when activated
- Trigger: Touching the trigger activates it. The trigger stays activated as long it’s being touched.
- Toggle: Touching the trigger toggles its activation state.
- Velocity trigger: Touching the trigger activates it. Upon activation, the velocity at which it was activated is also sent out.
MIDI for 1st trigger: When sending out MIDI, use the specified MIDI value for the 1st trigger. Every subsequent trigger will output a value one higher than the previous trigger. For example, specifying the MIDI value “Note A1” will output the note A1 for the 1st trigger, the note A#1 for the 2nd trigger, and so on.
OSC path: Specify the OSC path where the triggers are sent to. This OSC path will be appended with the trigger number.
Available OSC parameter tags are
Include in live streams: These options can be toggled to choose whether or not the trigger visualizations should be visible in the live feeds (Spout or Syphon).