Documentation: User detection

The user component is used for specifying how users are detected and how they are labeled.

Activation modes

• Track single user: Toggles between single user and multi user mode. If in single user mode, only the user closest to the sensor is tracked.

• Activation time slider: This slider can be used for specifying how many seconds the user needs to stay within the sensor’s view before the user is considered active.

Activation areas

Enabled activation areas makes the sensor only activate users if they are within the specified areas.

• Add/Remove area: Adds a new activation area. This can also be done by double clicking the preview widget.

• Area listing: Choosing an area in the list will allow customizing the area’s properties

• X: The sideways distance from the sensor where the area’s middle point is placed, in millimeters.
    • Z: The forwards distance from the sensor where the area’s middle point is placed, in millimeters.
    • Radius: How large the area is, in millimeters.
    • Delay: How many seconds the user needs to stay inside the area before being considered active.

Numbering

The numbering modes allow choosing what kind of numbers are assigned to users as they activate.

OSC messages

If enabled, the OSC messages component can be used to send OSC messages on specific user actions.

• IP address and port override: If enabled, the IP address and port specified here is used for sending out the user OSC messages instead of using the main IP address and port on the setup page.

• Activation: OSC address for user activation. Allows OSC parameter tags: [I], [U]

• Deactivation: OSC address for user deactivation. Allows OSC parameter tags: [I], [U]

• User: OSC address for the message sent for every activate user every frame. Allows OSC parameter tags: [I], [U], [A], [D], {W}, {R}

• Area: OSC address for every current area and the user closest to them. Allows OSC parameter tags: [I], [U], [A], {D}, {W}

• Area activation: OSC address for some user becoming active inside some area. Allows OSC parameter tags: [A], [U], [C]

• Area deactivation: OSC address for some user becoming deactive inside an area. Allows OSC parameter tags: [A], [U], [C]

Documentation: Kinect for Windows 1 / Kinect for Xbox 360 (models 1414 & 1473)
Documentation: Table of contents
Documentation: Kinect for Windows 2 / Kinect for Xbox One
Documentation: Asus Xtion / PrimeSense Carmine
Documentation: Sensor components
Help Bake retargeted animation for export as bvh/fbx
Separate captured ID's for use with multiple rigs
Triggers + multiple users/activation areas
Infrared heating