Kinect questions

Are there ways i can create an armature that will soften the leg glitches?
Are there ways to make-so when i present my back to the kinect, that it recognize that i’m not facing it?
Can i combine kinect with “white dots” technique?
Can i combine kinect with hand gesture sensor gloves… thingie… that mustn’t be that expensive, are they?
Can i get more precision on hips? Because the skeleton doesn’t seem to track hips very well.
Would using white dots help with tracking hips and getting more accurate movements?
Wold wearing a shirt with “FRont” and “back” written on it help NI mate to detect whether i’m facing cam or not?

Ok… maybe it all would need some brand new features to do so…

Tho, there must be ways to get the maximum precision out of kinect

I’ve read some people plugs multiple kinects… do ni mate support that? How to adjust for perfect stereoscopy (like imax standards) and match both kinects’s data? Is it even more precise, if it’s really what people do?

Can face tracking work even if i am at a distance and use skeleton tracking simultaneously?

Would you guys offer a “rent until you own” solution for buyers? Where i could pay monthly and when i reach full price, own it?

Are there ways i can create an armature that will soften the leg glitches?

You can use the smoothing parameters in NI mate’s Skeleton Tracker settings, although they won’t eliminate the problem fully. If you record the data, you will simply have to clean the data afterwards. For realtime usage, there’s not much you can do about this. The leg glitches will be lessened if the camera sees your whole body properly at a good distance of say, 3 meters and sees your whole body, and no strong IR sources blind the camera.

Are there ways to make-so when i present my back to the kinect, that it recognize that i’m not facing it?

This is not currently possible with NI mate.

Can i combine kinect with “white dots” technique?
Would using white dots help with tracking hips and getting more accurate movements?

I don’t recognize this term. Could you elaborate on it?

Can i combine kinect with hand gesture sensor gloves… thingie… that mustn’t be that expensive, are they?

NI mate 2.12 has support for Leap Motion and supports combining the hand tracking data to Kinect data on the fly. We’ve later removed the Leap support due to its limited popularity.

Can i get more precision on hips? Because the skeleton doesn’t seem to track hips very well.

You can try increasing the confidence value in the Skeleton Tracker settings. This will make NI mate ignore data that the Kinect claims to have low confidence. Other than that, your only choice is to give the sensor optimal conditions (see answer 1).

Wold wearing a shirt with “FRont” and “back” written on it help NI mate to detect whether i’m facing cam or not?

Skeleton tracking works solely based on the IR camera and doesn’t see visible color that way, nor does NI mate consider anything in regards to the color image in the tracking.

I’ve read some people plugs multiple kinects… do ni mate support that?

Yes. As Kinects use structured light, multiple Kinects facing the same object will interfere with each other: They project an infrared dot pattern in front of them and use the distortions in these small dots to calculate the depth. If multiple Kinects point the same way, these dot patterns will overlap and conflict. It’s possible to reduce this by placing a small vibrating motor on the Kinect’s hull, causing them shake a bit. This eliminates some of the interference.

Can face tracking work even if i am at a distance and use skeleton tracking simultaneously?

Face Tracking works simultaneously with skeleton tracking.

Would you guys offer a “rent until you own” solution for buyers? Where i could pay monthly and when i reach full price, own it?

We have recently moved away from a monthly pricing model into single purchase pricing. The trial version of NI mate offers almost all the features for trying out.

About white dots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-anOTA6xsR0

About Leap Motion: That thing looks like a lot of fun!

About hips: Ok i’ll check those features!

About Front/Rear shirt: kinect is equipped with a color camera also. I’m pretty sure that it could recognize the match between colors and words.

2-kinect-setup: Would such a setup allow me to capture both front and back and make the kinect understand a 360° body rotation?

Face-tracking: Wow, that’s amazing! I’ll have to put a lot of efforts on the learning curve, but it’s going to be worth the effort, in terms of eye-candy!

Trial/Full: Okay, thanx a lot.

Tho, i would like to create a character that is similar to facerig, and using it in blender 2.8, now the beta is officially released so you can code the new plugin safely by the way!

I’m trying to create myself a character that i would like to animate live. For fun… Because i can.