Need Help with Triggers in Blender Game Engine

Hello. I’ve been wanting to use Ni-Mate in conjunction with the Blender Game Engine, to create an interactive, educational game for a school project. The problem is that me and mt partner have been having extreme difficulty finding documentation of the use of Ni-Mate in the Blender Game engine. Can anyone lead me to some documentation or explain how to detect Ni-Mates input such as triggers and skeleton stacking within the game engine?

Thanks, Blah

Hello!

We don’t have any documentation for Blender itself. The NI mate documentation can be found here: Documentation: Table of contents

For Blender Game Engine, you’ll want to parse the incoming OSC messages much like the NI mate plugin itself does: https://github.com/Delicode/NI-mate-plugins/blob/master/Blender/animation_delicode_ni_mate_tools.py

As an example on how to write a BGE script for processing the data, look into the RealSense Blender Conference demos: Blender Conference 2015 RealSense demos and slides available. As a starting point, the “hands” demo has a simple script that creates 3D objects around arriving hand skeleton points.