We’ve now released NI mate 2.13, finally bringing support for Kinect 2 and RealSense devices on MacOS. A number of bugs had accumulated and were crushed in this release. The sensor programs were also changed a bit to require less of a hassle to install. The release is available on the download page.
Changes in NI mate 2.13
- Kinect 2 support on MacOS
- RealSense support on MacOS
- Official Intel RealSense SDK switched over to the alternative librealsense
- Too many issues with DCM versions and runtimes ended up being difficult to solve, and changing the library was the best option.
- Added ability to use the alternative libfreenect2 for Kinect 2 devices on Windows (Allows using multiple Kinects at the same time, but has no face analysis)
- Sensor programs now utilize websockets for control messages to and from NI mate
- UI now scales on high dpi displays on Windows
- Sensor programs are no longer downloaded via NI mate and are instead included in the main installer package.
- Fixed a crash happening when a sensor fails to enumerate and another sensor has enumerated with an empty sensor id
- Fixed a crash happening when invalid landmark data is sent to the OSC processor
- Fixed a crash happening when certain double-escaped parameter tag functions were written for the OSC processor
- Fixed the crash reporter not including all crash details on Windows 10
- Assorted UI fixes
- Potential fix for a crash happening on some macs with trying to load specific libraries
- Potential fix for a crash happening on some macs with trying to open MIDI devices that no longer exist
- Assorted OpenGL rendering related fixes and improvements
- Fixed Z Vector interoperability not working with Z Vector 1.1x
- Fixed Z Vector interoperability not working when not using GPU Texture Transfer
- Fixed handling some start-up things when both NI mate and Z Vector are running.
- Fixed a crash on loading a project with a name that is identical to an already existing project in the NI mate project directory.
- Fixed .nirec files occasionally not importing properly, mostly on MacOS
- Fixed a crash with activation areas referring to users that have been lost
- Fixed some “Never show this again” options always being checked regardless of user input
- Fixed assorted issues with project loading and handling project filenames
- 32-bit support dropped
- Leap Motion support dropped
- On some Macs the Syphon feeds may turn into the “test image” after 10 minutes or several hours. If you see this, please submit a bug report via the Help -> Problem report menu and include any details about your system (OS, CPU, GPU, connected sensors, project file…).