NI MATE with Blender 2.8 Eevee

Hello,

I am trying to use NI MATE + KINECT + BLENDER for a live performance and would like to know if you plan to realease a NI MATE update that would work Eevee in Blender 2.8?

Or maybe it does and it’s just me who can’t make it work ?

thanks

This will really depend on what kind of things change in regards to armatures in Eevee. We’ll take a closer look at this once 2.8 is out.

1 Like

Thank you Jesse for your reply.
I hope you finaly will, and I am really looking forward to it.
Keep up the good work!

I am too waiting for this…and by the way dear @Jesse will ni mate v2.2 with leap motion controller does support the the blender add-on for 2.8 EEVEE ?

The older releases of NI mate with Leap Motion support in them will likely keep functioning with the plugin - it’s unlikely the data output from NI mate will change at all. If eevee requires changes in the Blender plugin, the changes apply to all sensors, Leap included.

Thank you for your reply.

I’m really urged to see a 2.8 release :3 it often only needs to be recompiled to the latest python.

Yes…the addon needs to be recoded for 2.8

Not “recoded” but just “recompiled” with the new python compiler.

Blender devs really appreciates that some plugins are made ready for 2.8 before it’S released. I doubt there are any changes to make to the code of NI Mate but in case there is, then our dear fellow NI Matians should really take part into the discussions and take advantage in the fact that 2.8 is malleable and still open for huge implementations.

Say, imagine you’d like to make the perfect rig with fingers and face rigs, it’s exactly the right time to get the inputs and outputs prepared in the blender’s source to allow some fantastic new features and develop accordingly.

ni-mate has nothing todo with eevee? just with the blender version… eevee is the render engine and has nothing to do with the sensors and rigs… do i miss something?

what I found so far is this:

It’s out!