Problems with a GIF colour

I’m trying to upload a gif for the bg, but the program is changing the gif’s colours…do you know why??
I dont have this problem with an image.

Thanks

0 Likes

Could you include a video showing this problem, as well as the log window output?

0 Likes

com-video-to-gif

The yellow one is an image and the blue one is the gif…the gif should be yellow too…
I have this problem with all the gifs that I tried to use like a background.

0 Likes

It looks like Z Vector reads GIF images incorrectly, rendering the color channels in the wrong order (maybe red and blue channels are flipped). If it’s an option, you could try turning the GIF into a video and play it as a video background instead.

0 Likes

I tried to make a video and it only repoduce once, no loop…do you know why? I tried a video from beeple-crap, like the video tutorial, and it have the same problem.
Thanks

0 Likes

Someone else reported similar issues with Vidiot playback in Z Vector. You can probably solve this by playing the video in a standalone Vidiot process as opposed to playing it via Vidiot-ZVector, then loading the Vidiot’s Spout/Syphon as a background in ZVector. That is:

• Start Vidiot. On Windows, you can find this in c:/Users/youruser/AppData/Roaming/Delicode/Delicode Z Vector 1.1x/Vidiot (I think) and on Mac in /Applications/Vidiot.app
  • Start playing the video in Vidiot
  • Start Z Vector
  • Add a Spout/Syphon background and select the Vidiot Spout/Syphon feed
0 Likes

Ok thanks!

Are you thinking to fix the problem?
I bought a license and I would like to use the software well.
I had first the problem with the gif color, and the solution have another issue.

You said:
‘rendering the color channels in the wrong order (maybe red and blue channels are flipped)’
So I’m sure that this issue is really easy to fix.

Thank you very much.

0 Likes

This issue will probably be pretty simple to fix, and we’ll take a look at it for any future versions of Z Vector.

0 Likes