Range in OSC XY values?

Hello!
I am sending OSC data from Nimate to Qlab.
In Qlab you can move/place a surface where you want on the screen. Qlab call that command “translate”. It is X Y values I think coupled to pixels.

In TouchOsc i made controls with the width range 840 to -840 for X values and the range for depth 525 to -525 for Y values.

Is it possible to do the same (assign range values) to X and Y values somewhere in Nimate?

At the time Skeleton tracking outputs floats from 0 to 1 but I want bigger numbers(integers) to move Qlab surfaces around.

I tried to use Controll tracking/Triggers but Nimate crashed on me as soon as I checked those options. So these tracking methods I have not tried.

(A crash report is sent)

/Christian

You can use the OSC parameter tags for this. For the joints you require, type this in the address field (using head as an example): /Head {-840 + 1680 * X} {-525 + 1050 * Y}. This comes from the formula: new_min + (new_max - new_min) * (value - old_min) / (old_max - old_min).

How are you currently scaling your joint coordinates to the range [0,1]? It’s possible some changes need to be done to your settings to make the above script work.

You can read more about parameter tags here: Documentation: OSC (Open Sound Control) and parameter tags

Wow!
My experiment! It works!
For making a dot move across the audition screen in Qlab, I changed the expression you sent me: /Head {-840 + 1680 * X} {-525 + 1050 * Y}
to two separate joints:
/cue/LIGHT/translationX {-50 + 1680 * X} and
/cue/LIGHT/translationY {-80 + 1050 * Y}

Qlab listens for this on localhost port 53000. Qlab does not parse the OSC message (at least I don’t think so) so I made two separate messages.
Scaling in Qlab is a float number so i believe the OSC message will be /cue/LIGHT/scaleX {expression}. I have not tested yet.

I am sitting ca 2 meters away from the Kinect device. Maybe the formula above needs tweeking to make it work on other distances.

The intention is to make a ghost image in Nimate act as an movable mask in Qlab.

Regards
Christian