URGENT please ! KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Since today, when starting Zvector wth a connected Kinect for Windows, I get a bluescreen

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

NImate still works
But I need Zvector NOW
Show starts in two hours and I´m totally screwed

Any ideas?
Maybe the windows 10 2019 update?

Uninstalled and reinstalled everything
Rebooted several times
Still bluescreen

Any help from the devs would be REALLY helpull

Thnaks and best

Peter

A BSOD sounds like a driver issue of some kind. Does the BSOD happen if you don’t have a sensor connected when you start Z Vector? Does updating your GPU drivers help?

Hi Jesse

I uninstalled all Kinect drivers
Reinstallled
updated all drivers and win10
installed https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44559
Kinect2 sensor is recognised by OS
Microsofts 3D scan programm does work

When I start Zvector without Sensor, it runs - no crash
With sensor plugged in - BSOD
NImate starts with sensor, but shows no output
after some minutes it crashes
“unfortunately no crash report could be generated”

I´m stuck :-/

Z Vector does not use the Microsoft driver for the Kinect and it may in fact be conflicting. libfreenect2 with usbdk is used instead. You could try installing the latest version of UsbDK instead of the one that comes with Z Vector and see if that helps. You can get it here: https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk/releases/download/v1.00-21/UsbDk_1.0.21_x64.msi

I installed it
still BSOD at startup of Zvector with Kinect connected
Should I uninstall all kinect-related win drivers?

You could try that. I’m not sure what kind of issue in Z Vector could produce a BSOD if it doesn’t happen with any other software, but again, this is likely a driver problem of some sort.

Hi Jesse

after updating some drivers, win 10 crashed completely :confused:
Now I have a clean install but there are no more activations remaining for my Zvector licence key.
Could you please reset my key?

Thanks and best
Peter

If your Windows crashes after updating drivers, then you are likely having some larger issue here. This could be a problematic bit of hardware or a driver that doesn’t work on Windows 10.

I took a look at the two crash reports you sent. Both of them happen somewhere inside the NVidia GPU driver, right at Z Vector startup after your GPU has been identified.

Your license key is now reseted.

THANKS JESSE!!!

I downgraded the Nvidia driver to a one year old version I found on a backup hd.
After some hassle at 1st (the kinect view did only show up in the small preview icon but not in the bigger view-window) and after some restarts of Zvector, it suddenly showed up and works again!
Damn nvidia :confused:
I wonder if I am the onlyone in the world who is still using zvector and nobody else has run into any driver issue…
Might the problems be hardware dependant?
Anyway
I got my setup up and running again and am happy!
Still a pitty that you don´t consider updating zvector anymore … and I hope that it will still run for a looong time despite the win10 and nvida updates!
Thanks again and best
Peter

It is still not running propperly :confused:
Same problem as described above:

The Kinect-view does not show (see attached screenshot) only in the small preview-icon
Spout output does work, though, so I can route the output to another VJ-programm
When I close Zvector, I can see the the Kinect view for a fraction of a second.(too short to screenshot)

Any idea anyone?

Could you check what the log window has to say? It’s the fourth icon from right at the top right corner.