Z Vector MacOS High Sierra compatible?

Hi! New to the software and I love it! Planning to do some really cool things with it. I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if updating to High Sierra will cause any issues that anyone is aware of at present?

Also, while I have your attention, do Kinect V2s take up as much usb bandwidth as the old kinects? Setting up a live set where I’m using Ableton with a Push controller and I was able to get one old kinect working but not 2. If the V2s are better about this I’m probably gonna go get a second one today. :slight_smile:

Depending on how old MacOS you’re using right now, the main thing is that newer Macs have been reported to not work with Kinect for XBox 360 model 1473. This is a problem that involves the sensor’s firmware as well as the changed USB system in MacOS.

I don’t recall what the USB bandwidth requirements for Kinect for XBox 360 are, but they are likely [at least](https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=((6404803)+%2B+(6404802))+*+30+bits) ~50 Mbit/s. The Kinect v2 bandwidth requirement is about 3 Gbit/s. If you are experiencing USB bandwidth issues with your current setup, you’ll definitely be needing some extra gear. We’ve successfully used PCIE USB3 extension cards, and it might be possible to use Thunderbolt on Mac with an adapter, although I don’t recall if this worked for us.

Okay thanks for the info!!!